- This event has passed.
PORTLAND: Poly-Curious 101
November 15 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm$20
Wednesday, November 15th — 7:30 p.m.
Curious about this new “lovestyle” you’re hearing a lot about called polyamory? Maybe you’ve read all the books but want to talk to folks actually living and loving the poly lifestyle. Opening up any relationship takes skill, patience and perseverance. Mistakes will be made. But why make any more than you have to? Whatever your reason or level of experience, join Reid Mihalko and Girl Sex 101 author Allison Moon for 2 hours of tips and tricks and Q&A!
In this fun, informative, and easy-to-understand primer on polyamory and open relationships, Reid and Allison will cover:
- Definitions and different ways to construct non-monogamous relationships
- The elements that make polyamory workable
- The most common pitfalls of open relationships and how to avoid them
- How to figure out and negotiate your boundaries and agreements so everyone feels safe
- Ways to merge different poly styles so that everyone ends up happy
- Five things that will help you survive any poly exploration
- The secret key to turning jealousy into a blessing
- Resources, books, and tools to proceed into the world of responsible non-monogamy, at whatever your preferred pace or interest level